R.A. Dickey was robbed of a win in what might’ve been his final career start. The Braves blew a 3-0 lead, losing to the Mets on a walk-off, 4-3.
The latest happenings with the Braves on Wednesday:
1. The night wasn’t a lost cause. Ender Inciarte collected his 200th hit, becoming the seventh Atlanta Brave to do so and first since 1996.
2. Unlikely sources – a near-retired Lane Adams, a supposed one-trick pony in Matt Adams, timely contributions from a consensus AAAA player in Jace Peterson – are among the reasons the Braves’ bench has been one of its better assets.
3. Second baseman Ozzie Albies has a long way to go, but the early returns have been excellent, writes David O’Brien.
4. It’s looking more and more likely that Mike Foltynewicz won’t get another start. A cut finger probably finished his season.
5. In case you missed it, Brian Snitker is likely to return as Braves manager at this time, but he wouldn’t return with the same soldiers.