Register to vote by Monday for Georgia’s April 18 special election
Residents of Cobb, DeKalb and Fulton counties who are eligible for the upcoming April 18 special election have through Monday to register to vote.
Two contests are on the ballot, including the nationally watched race to replace former U.S. Rep. Tom Price. His former 6th District covers parts of Cobb, DeKalb and Fulton counties.
The other race on the ballot will replace former state Sen. Judson Hill, R-Marietta, and is for Senate District 32, which covers parts of Cobb and Fulton counties.
To figure out if you’re in those districts or to confirm your voter status online, head to the Secretary of State Office’s online “my voter page” website (www.mvp.sos.ga.gov/MVP/mvp.do).
If you need to register, there are several options:
- For online voter registration, go to the Secretary of State Office’s website (www.sos.ga.gov) and, under the elections tab, click “Register to Vote.”
- Mail in hard-copy voter registration applications but makes sure it is postmarked on or before Monday. To get a copy, visit your local elections office or download a voter registration application (http://sos.ga.gov/index.php/Elections/register_to_vote).
- Text “GA” or “Georgia” to “2VOTE” (28683). This service is sponsored by the state.
- Download the free “GA SOS” app on your smartphone via iTunes or Google Play for Android.
- Check the “voter registration” box when you renew or apply for your driver’s license.
- If you are a college student, you can obtain Georgia voter registration forms or the necessary forms to register in any U.S. state from your school registrar’s office.