The Hawks are in discussions to sign reserve point guard Shelvin Mack for the remainder of the season following the expiration of his second 10-day contract Tuesday.
Mack’s current contract would expire in the middle of their current four-game road trip.
Mack, signed out of the NBA Development League this month, has appeared in eight games for the Hawks. He is averaging 1.6 points and 0.7 assists in 5.3 minutes.
• Devin Harris left the game in the third quarter with a sore left foot and did not return. Harris has dealt with a toe issue on the foot for much of the second half of the season. He had 16 points and was 4 of 7 from 3-point range.
There was no post-game update on Harris’ condition or status for Monday’s game at the Pacers.
“I just saw him in the back and he had ice on his foot,” coach Larry Drew said after the game. “We’ll see how he is tomorrow.”
• Kyle Korver extended his streak to 63 games with a 3-pointer. It’s the fourth longest streak in NBA history behind Dana Barros (89), Michael Adams (79), Dennis Scott (78) and Reggie Miller (68).
• The Hawks finished 10 of 26 from 3-point range in Sunday’s 104-99 victory over the Bucks. It was way too many long-range shots for Drew, especially on the road. Of the Hawks’ 40 first-half field goal attempts, 19 were from 3-point range.
“We want them to look for the open 3 but on the road it is not our mindset to try to put up that many 3-point shots,” Drew said. “We got away with it today because we made some clutch shots. We shot way too many.”
• The Hawks improved to 3-0 against the Bucks this season. The wins have come by a combined 14 points.
“You need to have positive experiences that you can look back on,” Korver said of gaining playoff-like experience in close games. “If you don’t make the plays in the regular season you are not going to make the plays in the playoffs. You make the plays in the regular season doesn’t mean you are going to make them in the playoffs but your odds go way up.”
• The Hawks will go for a season sweep in their final meeting April 12 in Atlanta. The Hawks haven’t swept a season series from the Bucks since the 1996-97 season.
• Zaza Pachulia did not accompany the Hawks on the road trip as he continues to rehabilitate a sore right Achilles. Pachulia remains out indefinitely with the injury that will have cost him 21 games, including the past 15, by the time the Hawks return home.
A decision on Pachulia’s status for the remainder of the regular-season could come next week.
• Ivan Johnson, who missed practice Saturday with back spasms, was available Sunday against the Bucks but did not play.
• The Hawks will hold a playoff ticket presale on March 25 for those who visit the team’s website and register for the Highlight Reel newsletter.