The seemingly random violence of a mass shooting attempt can be anticipated — and possibly prevented — if police and the public see the warning signs, the FBI said at a recent police training conference.
The story you’re reading is premium content from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Subscribers get total access to all our in-depth news, digital editions and exclusive premium content. You can now also buy a 24-hour digital pass or 7-day digital pass.
Read MyAJC.com now — 24-hour digital pass99¢ for 24-hours
Read MyAJC.com all week — 7-day digital pass$3.99 for 7-days
Subscribe to AJC for as little as 33¢ per dayView Offers
AJC Print subscriber — I need to register my account for digital access.Access Digital
AJC Print subscriber — I’ve already registered my account.Sign In
Warning signs of a potential shooter
- Recent loss or humiliation
- Online messages foretelling violence or idolizing other shooters
- Self-termination of anti-depressants
- Sobriety in an attempt to purify before an attack
- Financial or sexual recklessness
- Shooting practice