breaking news

Uber Eats driver denied bond in Morehouse grad’s killing

Trump says he's not a feminist: 'I'm for everyone'


President Donald Trump said he wouldn’t go so far as to call himself a “feminist” during an interview with Piers Morgan, the news host revealed Saturday.

>> On Rare.us: Trump fires back at report that he tried to fire Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller

Morgan sent out quotes on Twitter ahead of the interview, which aired Sunday night on Britain’s ITV, writing: “President Trump has declared he is NOT a feminist.”

The British television host went on to quote Trump, writing, “He tells me: ‘No, I wouldn’t say I’m a feminist. I mean, I think that would be, maybe, going too far. I’m for women, I’m for men, I’m for everyone.'”

The news comes during a worldwide conversation about sexual assault and women's rights.

Trump has been criticized for his treatment of women and has been accused by more than a dozen women of sexual misconduct. Trump has denied the allegations.

>> State of the Union 2018: What time, what channel, livestream, protests

On Friday, Morgan posted another quote from Trump, this time about a post the president had retweeted by Britain First, a far-right group: "I don’t want to be involved with these people. If you’re telling me they’re horrible racist people. I certainly apologize."

Morgan also asked Trump about British Prime Minister Theresa May’s handling of Brexit. Trump replied, “Would it be the way I negotiate? No, I wouldn’t negotiate it the way it’s [being] negotiated … I would have had a different attitude.”

>> Read more trending news 

When Morgan asked him what he meant, Trump replied, “I would have said that the European Union is not cracked up to what it’s supposed to be. I would have taken a tougher stand in getting out.”


Reader Comments ...


Next Up in Nation & World

Substitute teacher fired after video surfaces showing him slamming student
Substitute teacher fired after video surfaces showing him slamming student

A substitute teacher at Western Guilford Middle School, in Guilford County, North Carolina, was fired after a video surfaced of him body-slamming a student. The student, Jose Escudero, told WGHP that the altercation started because of a box of chocolates on Valentine’s Day. >> Read more trending news  Jose said the teacher took...
Who was Marjory Stoneman Douglas? 13 things to know about Parkland high school’s namesake
Who was Marjory Stoneman Douglas? 13 things to know about Parkland high school’s namesake

When an accused teenage gunman opened fire on his former classmates last week, he wore a maroon polo shirt emblazoned with the logo of the school from which he’d been expelled -- Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. The name Stoneman Douglas has become synonymous with the tragedy that ended with 17 people dead and the accused killer, 19-year-old...
Florida teen brings knife to school with list of students' names, deputies say
Florida teen brings knife to school with list of students' names, deputies say

A Florida high school student was arrested Monday after deputies said he brought a knife, gas mask and other disturbing items to school. Benjamin Mendoza, 18, was booked into the Collier County Jail on charges of possession of a weapon on school property and interfering/disrupting school administration functions.  Deputies said they received a...
Dallas Mayor pro tem tells NRA it can hold annual convention someplace else
Dallas Mayor pro tem tells NRA it can hold annual convention someplace else

The National Rifle Association was planning to hold its annual convention in Dallas, but a city lawmaker has asked the gun lobby group to consider finding another host city.  Dwaine Caraway warned the NRA that it will be met with “marches and demonstrations” if the group still holds its three-day meeting in the city in which he serves...
George, Amal Clooney donate $500,000 to Parkland shooting survivors
George, Amal Clooney donate $500,000 to Parkland shooting survivors

Nearly a week after the Valentine’s Day shooting at a Parkland, Florida, high school, George and Amal Clooney have announced they will participate in The March For Our Lives on March 24 and have donated $500,000 to the group. >> Read more trending news  The celebrity couple made the announcement in a statement from George Clooney....
More Stories