breaking news

Amid frigid temps, Gov. Deal issues emergency declaration

Could Meghan Markle have been next Bond girl?


Before her relationship with Prince Harry was publicly confirmed, Meghan Markle was reportedly being considered to play a Bond girl in the next installment of the “007” franchise.

Having impressed producers with her work as Rachel Zane on “Suits,” they were eyeing Markle for a role they wanted played by a glamorous actress who could become one of Daniel Craig’s love interests in the upcoming “Bond 25,” which is set for release in 2019. However, the actress’ budding relationship with Prince Harry is apparently what put an end to her chances, as producers thought she would be unable to continue acting should things get series.

>> Read more trending news 

“Meghan fits the role of a Bond girl perfectly. She’s glamorous and sexy and a good actress,” a source said. “The role more recently has gone to actresses deemed to be rising stars, and Meghan certainly was seen as that before her relationship with Harry became public.”

TRENDING: The Roloff family basked in love as Molly Roloff said “I do” to her longtime sweetheart over the weekend

TRENDING: The woman who infamously drowned her kids in a lake has since led a dangerous life in prison

According to the source, Markle had made the cut on a short list of five actresses for the part, but once it was announced that she was dating Prince Harry, the list went down to four.

“Her engagement effectively spelt an end to her acting career too so that was the final blow,” the source bluntly added.

While bookies were just offering odds that she would become a Bond girl earlier this year, it seems Markle’s acting career may truly be over. Prior to her engagement, “Suits” confirmed that Markle would be leaving the series after seven years, and Kensington Palace confirmed she would no longer continue her charity work with the Untied Nations, World Vision Canada and One Young World once the news was announced.

During her first interview with Prince Harry following the announcement of their engagement, she was asked how she felt about having to give up so much in order to join the British Royal Family.

“I don’t see it as giving anything up. I just see it as a change,” she responded.


Reader Comments ...


Next Up in Nation & World

Haitians under protected status call on administration to process work permits
Haitians under protected status call on administration to process work permits

Thousands of Haitians living in Central Florida said they're just days away from being forced out of their jobs. Many of those worried are workers at Disney World. They were granted Temporary Protected Status after an earthquake devastated their country in 2010. They’re now finding out their jobs are in limbo, because their work authorizations...
Trump physical results: 6 things to know
Trump physical results: 6 things to know

President Donald Trump is in excellent health and likely to finish his term in office without any medical issues, a presidential doctor said Tuesday at a news conference, four days after the president underwent a physical exam. “The president's overall health is excellent," White House physician Dr. Ronny Jackson said Tuesday. Here are six...
Premiere date set for ‘Trading Spaces’ reboot, despite allegations against Carter Oosterhouse
Premiere date set for ‘Trading Spaces’ reboot, despite allegations against Carter Oosterhouse

Fans can enjoy new episodes of TLC’s revamped version of “Trading Spaces” starting this spring. A new trailer for the latest iteration of the reality TV design show was announced Friday and included the April 7 premiere date for the program. The trailer, on the Trading Spaces Facebook page, shows original host Paige Davis...
Police: Man angry over video game shoots, kills mom
Police: Man angry over video game shoots, kills mom

A California man is accused of shooting and killing his mother after becoming upset over a video game he was playing, police officials said.  Matthew Douglas Nicholson, 28, of Ceres, is charged with murder and making a criminal threat, according to records from the Stanislaus County Jail. He is being held without bail.  Officials...
Man accused of taking manhole covers, replacing them with traffic cones
Man accused of taking manhole covers, replacing them with traffic cones

A Massachusetts man has been accused of taking manhole covers from roads across the town. Police in Webster said he was kind enough, however, to cover the empty holes -- which measure from 4 to 12 feet deep -- with traffic cones so no one would run over them in their cars, The Worcester, Massachusetts, Telegram reported. >> Read more trending...
More Stories