DeKalb County schools will be well-represented at the 2017 Shuler Hensley Awards, which honor the best in Georgia high school theater.
The show ceremony is being broadcast live on Georgia Public Broadcasting from the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre on April 20 from 7 to 9 p.m.
The 16 DeKalb students involved, from county and Decatur schools, are playing in the student ensemble, helping with production or nominated.
Catherine Willingham is nominated for Best Orchestra Performance for Chamblee Charter High’s production of “The Pajama Game”; David Gay and Ben Spells are nominated for Sound for Dunwoody High’s production of “The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee”; and Anderson McKiernan is nominated for Best Supporting Actor for his work in Decatur High’s “Beauty and the Beast”.
Students playing in the ensemble are:
- Adrian Waller - Chamblee Charter High
- Bailey Fisher - Decatur High
- Chloe Constant - Lakeside High
- Jonathan Pennie - Chamblee Charter High
- Kate Fowler - Decatur High
- Leah Thomas - Lakeside High
- Nina Stecker - Dunwoody High
- Paris Ruiz - Dunwoody High
Those in production are:
- Joi'Anna Partee - Chamblee Charter High
- Natalie Carlson - Chamblee Charter High
- Charles Cardot - Lakeside High
- Samantha Cannon - Decatur High