Cobb County is gearing up for winter weather Thursday night as temperatures are expected to drop with a possible mix of snow and rain.
As of Thursday morning, no changes had been made to county hours of service or operations, but the transportation department was preparing to pre-treat roads with brine to try and to keep ice from forming.
According to Cobb Road Maintenance Division Manager Bill Shelton, the county has four trucks loaded with a total of 1,200 gallons of brine.
LEARN MORE: PREPARING FOR WINTER WEATHER
- Winter weather watch, warning and advisory: What's the difference?
- Delta waives change fees for travelers ahead of snow threat
- Metro Atlanta prepares for snow
The transportation department has a plow on standby.
County spokesman Ross Cavitt said Cobb is monitoring the weather and adjusting as necessary.
MYAJC.COM: REAL JOURNALISM. REAL LOCAL IMPACT.
- Former Cobb wrestling coach pleads guilty to child sex crimes
- Georgia Supreme Court: Marietta violated Landowner's Bill of Rights
- Texts show Cobb sheriff, lawmaker pushed KSU president on cheerleaders
Never miss a minute of what's happening in Cobb politics. Subscribe to myAJC.com.
In other weather news: