Voters in Cobb County go to the polls Tuesday to vote whether to extend the Special Purpose Local Option Sales tax to build new schools and buy equipment.
Here are some interesting numbers surrounding the March 21 voter referendum in Cobb County about plans to pay for school improvements in the Cobb and Marietta school districts by continuing a 1-percent Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax.
- $859.5 million - the amount of money officials hope to collect from the tax.
- $797 million - how much money would go to Cobb from the tax.
- $62.5 million - how much money would go to Marietta from the tax.
- $40 million - the amount of money Cobb school board members added to the proposed total to fund potential additional classroom space.
- 210 - the number of new classrooms that would be built in Cobb’s school district.
- $4 million - how much Marietta proposes to spend on school buses.