By Lesley Kennedy
You can inject some serious seasonal style into your life with an inexpensive bottle of nail polish. Whether you prefer something simple and sophisticated, say a nude or something pale and creamy, or like to make a statement - pastel green or full-on glitter, anyone? — your nails can set your whole personal style tone.
- Deborah Lippmann Staccato collection: Love the idea of glam, glittery nails, but not quite ready to go full-on glitz? This new polish combines black glitter with pastel colors (try the mint Rockin’ Robin, pink I’m Not Edible or white Polka Dots and Moonbeams) - giving you pretty feminine, but with an edge. Get it: $19, www.lippmanncollection.com
- Nails Inc. Feathered Effects: Too shy to work the feather trend on your clothes? Wear it on your nails! This cool polish builds colors as you layer it, so use it alone or over a solid base color. In spring shades of teal and yellow, blue and white, pastel orange and blue or pastel peach and white, the feather-like particles add instant pop to your look. Get it: $9.50; www.sephora.com
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in ‘Supernova’: Add instant shine to your day by brushing this purple glitter polish on your nails. Wear it alone for a more sheer look, or cover a bright base coat for added oomph. Get it: $2.99, www.ulta.com
- Milani One Coat Glitter Nail Lacquer in ‘Gold Glitz’: You’ll be puttin’ on the ritz - and the glitz - with this gold shade that glitters with the best of ‘em. Seriously, it’s like jewels for your nails. Who wouldn’t want to get in on that? Get it: $3.82, www.drugstore.com
- Sonia Kashuk Nail Colour in ‘Sitting Pretty’: Can’t part with basic black, even in spring? Let your nails take on a pop of purple color. This medium shade isn’t too pastel, isn’t too dark - as Goldilocks would say, it’s just right. Get it: $4.79, www.target.com
- Essie Nail Polish in ‘Play Date’: Make your own ode to spring with this perfect pastel purple polish. It’s ladylike, but still fashion-forward, so it works at the office or, as the name suggests, at play. Get it: $7.75, www.walmart.com