The mind of Sanjeev Uppalluri took off for places unknown at the age of 2, when an uncle gave him a globe of the world.
The story you're reading is premium content from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Subscribers get total access to all our in-depth news, digital editions and exclusive premium content. You can now also buy a 24-hour digital pass or 7-day digital pass.
AJC Print subscriber - I've already registered my account.Sign In
AJC Print subscriber - I need to register my account for digital access.Access Digital
Read MyAJC.com now - 24-hour digital pass99¢ for 24-hours
Read MyAJC.com all week - 7-day digital pass$3.99 for 7-days
Subscribe to AJC for as little as 33¢ per dayView Offers
10 sample questions from the National Geographic Be this week.
1. What country is bordered by Burkina Faso and Libya?
2. What country is bordered by Thailand and Cambodia?
3. What country is bordered by Turkey and Saudi Arabia?
4. Mountaineer Gerlinde Kaltenbrunner became the first woman to climb the world’s 14 highest peaks without supplemental oxygen. The final peak in her expedition was K2, located on the border between China and what other country?
5. Northern Namibia is the site of one of the world’s largest wildlife parks, which is centered on a large salt pan. Name this salt pan.
6. Botanist Joseph Rock … made many expeditions to the upper Salween River region near the Tanggula Range. This range lies in what present-day country?
7. The Okavango Delta feeds into what lake to the south?
8. Name the historic region south of Tripolitania that includes the Saharan oases of Sabha and Marzuq.
9. The city of N’Djamena is located at the confluence of the Logone River and what other river?
10. Situated in Yukon’s southwest corner, Mount Logan is located in what subrange of the Coast Ranges?
Answers: 1. Niger. 2. Laos. 3. Iraq. 4. Pakistan. 5. Etosha Pan. 6. China. 7. Lake Ngami. 8. Fezzan. 9. Chari River. 10. St. Elias Mountains.