The dirt and gravel road to Rockwood Lodge climbs more than 1,000 feet in a matter of minutes. Directions alert drivers they’ll need to ford two streams before they arrive. After such a backwoods journey, one doesn’t expect much.
The story you're reading is premium content from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Subscribers get total access to all our in-depth news, digital editions and exclusive premium content. You can now also buy a 24-hour digital pass or 7-day digital pass.
AJC Print subscriber - I've already registered my account.Sign In
AJC Print subscriber - I need to register my account for digital access.Access Digital
Read MyAJC.com now - 24-hour digital pass99¢ for 24-hours
Read MyAJC.com all week - 7-day digital pass$3.99 for 7-days
Subscribe to AJC for as little as 33¢ per dayView Offers
- Beet Cured Red Snapper with Watermelon and Trout Caviar — Linton Hopkins, Restaurant Eugene. Lucien Crochet Pinot Rosé, Sancerre 2012
- Chilled Georgia White Shrimp with Hardiman Farm’s Baby Eggplant and Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette — Gerry Klaskala, Aria. Pascal Janvier, Jasnieres 2011
- Maccheroni alla Chitarra with Chanterelles, Sweet Corn, Heirloom Tomatoes and Ricotta Salata — Chris Hall, Local Three. Coenobium, ‘Rusticum,’ Lazio 2010
- Cocoa Spiced Palmetto Squab with Maple Cured Bacon and Bing Cherries — Carvel Grant Gould, Canoe. Antica Terra, ‘botanica,’ Willamette Valley 2011
- Slow Roasted Pork Belly with Pork Skin Risotto, Peach Agrodolce and Toasted Cheddar — Kevin Gillespie, Gunshow. Chateau Pradeaux, Bandol 2006
- Coffee Rubbed Shell Steak with Caponata and Anchovy Calabrese — Kevin Rathbun, Rathbun’s. Quintarelli, ‘Ca del Merlo,’ Valpolicella 1998
- Artisan Cheese Composition; Many Fold Condors Ruin, Preserved Summerland Strawberries, Fruit Nut Crisps, Summerland Flowers; Dancing Fern, Summerland Potatoes, Summerland Beets and Onions, Pickled Mustard Seeds, Micro Mustard Sweet Grass Dairy Asher Blue, Wild Blackberries, Elliot Peaches, Petite Summerland Farm Greens — Anne Quatrano, Bacchanalia. Vinhos Barbeito, ‘Rare Wine Co. Boston Bual,’ Madeira N.V.
- Chocolate Finale — Deep Dark Panna Cotta, “Chocolate” Mint Ice Cream, Salted Caramel — Sarah Koob, Canoe. Smith Woodhouse, ‘LBV,’ Porto 2000
To find out more about the A Night of Hope gala or to make an online donation, visit www.mdanightofhope.org. The eighth annual gala will take place Oct. 18 at the Intercontinental Hotel in Buckhead. All funds are earmarked for ALS research. The chefs will donate another dinner.