With recent victories at the Supreme Court changing the legal landscape for gay and lesbian people across the country, there’s plenty for Atlanta’s gay and lesbian community to celebrate at Atlanta Pride this weekend in Piedmont Park.
The story you’re reading is premium content from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Subscribers get total access to all our in-depth news, digital editions and exclusive premium content. You can now also buy a 24-hour digital pass or 7-day digital pass.
Read MyAJC.com now — 24-hour digital pass99¢ for 24-hours
Read MyAJC.com all week — 7-day digital pass$3.99 for 7-days
Subscribe to AJC for as little as 33¢ per dayView Offers
AJC Print subscriber — I need to register my account for digital access.Access Digital
AJC Print subscriber — I’ve already registered my account.Sign In
• The Fifth Annual Official Atlanta Pride Kick-off Party from 7-11:30 p.m at the Georgia Aquarium, 225 Baker St N.W., Atlanta.
• Childrens Tent, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. near the playground and Greystone Pool House in Piedmont Park.
• YoGaga Class, 10 a.m. at the Piedmont Park Athletic Fields.
• Lambda Car Club Antique Car Exhibition, 10:45 a.m.-4 p.m., Piedmont Park between the 12th Street and 14th Street gates.
• “Colors: A Celebration!” Concert by Atlanta Freedom Bands, 8 p.m., Georgia Tech Center for the Arts.
• Wreath Placing and Taps Ceremony, 5 p.m., Veterans Marker near the intersection of 12th Street and Piedmont Avenue.
• Atlanta Pride Parade, begins at 1 p.m. from Civic Center MARTA station, continuing down Peachtree Street to Piedmont Park.
• Pride Vendors Market, 10 a.m.-7 p.m., Piedmont Park, Saturday and Sunday.
For a complete list of Pride-related events, go to the Atlanta Price Committee's website.