You have reached your limit of free articles this month.

Enjoy unlimited access to myAJC.com

Starting at just 99¢ for 8 weeks.

GREAT REASONS TO SUBSCRIBE TODAY!

  • IN-DEPTH REPORTING
  • INTERACTIVE STORYTELLING
  • NEW TOPICS & COVERAGE
  • ePAPER
X

You have read of premium articles.

Get unlimited access to all of our breaking news, in-depth coverage and bonus content- exclusively for subscribers. Starting at just 99¢ for 8 weeks

X

Welcome to myAJC.com

This subscriber-only site gives you exclusive access to breaking news, in-depth coverage, exclusive interactives and bonus content.

You can read free articles of your choice a month that are only available on myAJC.com.

Suspect in Gwinnett mother, child deaths: They are still at the house


Highlights

Brandon Williams, 32, is accused in the slayings of two people in Gwinnett County.

The man suspected in the slayings of a woman and her 2-year-old son in Gwinnett County refuses to acknowledge the incident, according to Channel 2 Action News.

Brandon Williams said in court Tuesday he was illegally detained and said the victims weren't murdered and are still at the house, the news station reported.

“I’m just trying to figure out how you murder somebody when they are at the same residence right now running around,” Williams told the judge.

Williams, 32, was arrested in connection with the deaths of Natalie Nation and her son Cole, Gwinnett police said.

Police responded to the 2700 block of Tybee Drive near Buford about 11 p.m. Sunday after getting a call from the homeowner.

“The caller reported that his son had choked a mother and child that live at the house and walked a short distance up the street to a gas station,” Gwinnett police Cpl. Deon Washington said.

RELATED: Mom, 2-year-old son strangled in Gwinnett

Both victims were taken to the hospital. The toddler died first, and the mother died later at Gwinnett Medical Center.

Police confronted Williams at the gas station and arrested him without incident, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution previously reported.

Natalie Nation was Williams’ father’s girlfriend, Channel 2 reported. She was renting a room at the house, the homeowner told authorities.

In other news:



Next Up in Local

Tip leads to 3 arrests in child exploitation cases
Tip leads to 3 arrests in child exploitation cases

Three men face child sexual exploitation charges after Barrow County officials received a tip from national authorities about the men possibly having child pornography, a spokesman said Monday.  Jason Eric Bramlett, David Ryan Steeley and Jeffrey Clayton Yancey face 43 child sex crimes charges between them, according to a release from the county...
Cobb subdivision on Dallas Highway approved
Cobb subdivision on Dallas Highway approved

A nearly 68-acre subdivision in West Cobb was approved 4-1 recently by the Cobb County Board of Commissioners with Commissioner Bob Ott opposed. Ott said this approval sets “a dangerous precedent” for Open Space Community since “we’re not gaining a whole lot of green space here.” Of the nearly 68 acres, about 27 acres...
BREAKING: 23 arrested in Gwinnett underage sex sting
BREAKING: 23 arrested in Gwinnett underage sex sting

Gwinnett County authorities have arrested 23 men connected to an underage sex sting, according to Channel 2 Action News.  The men, officers said, pretended to be teenagers online to lure minors and have sex with them in exchange for money, the news station reported. The men are believed to be between 19 and 48 years old.  <div></div>...
Car crashes through restaurant wall in Gwinnett County
Car crashes through restaurant wall in Gwinnett County

A driver crashed through the wall of a soon-to-open Lawrenceville restaurant, but the eatery is taking it in stride. “The anticipation is REAL, Lawrenceville!” Parkside District wrote in a caption for a photo of the car still wedged through a brick wall. “Our first guest couldn't wait any longer for us to open and created a drive...
Sean Hannity accused of harassment; says accusation is ‘complete fabrication’ from ‘serial accuser’
Sean Hannity accused of harassment; says accusation is ‘complete fabrication’ from ‘serial accuser’

Fox News host Sean Hannity is calling an accusation of sexual harassment against him by a conservative commentator a “complete fabrication,” and said he will sue the woman who leveled the charges. Hannity was responding to a radio interview on Friday in which Debbie Schlussel said Hannity once invited her back to his hotel room after a...
More Stories