Although the turkey will surely take center stage at your Thanksgiving table, a few unforgettable side dishes can't hurt.
These simple sides won't take very much time or effort to pull together, but look (and taste) like a million bucks.
This Thanksgiving Day, give your family a feast they won't forget by including a few of these easy-to-make dishes to accompany the big star.
Delish dishes up an easy-to-make cranberry sauce that turns out right every time.
Time required: 25 minutes
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 (12-ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 2 teaspoon orange zest
- Pinch of salt
Just because a dish looks fancy, doesn't mean it's complicated to make. Country Living raised the bar with this elegant and easy French green bean side.
Time required: 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups sourdough breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- 1 1/2 pound haricots verts (French green beans)
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
Martha always knows how to add flavor and simplicity to any Thanksgiving feast. Her Mini Cornbread Puddings will steal the show at this year's event.
Time required: 40 minutes
- Butter for greasing
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
This nutty, buttery sweet potato casserole recipe from Taste of Home truly symbolizes a Southern Christmas dinner.
Time required: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 2 cans (40 ounces each) sweet potatoes, drained
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- For the topping:
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup cold butter
Giada De Laurentiis with Food Network created this delicious and hearty root vegetable recipe that will satisfy even the pickiest palate.
Time required: 1 hour
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 medium carrots, sliced into 1 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 pound red potatoes, sliced into 1 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 3 medium parsnips, sliced into 1 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, sliced into 1 1/2-inch thick pieces
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Not only are these tasty wraps from Damn Delicious damn good, they're super easy to make and take only 15 minutes to prepare.
Time required: 15 minutes
- 6 ounces prosciutto, sliced and halved horizontally
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Don't want to miss the big parade this year? Here are 5 things to know about the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade before you head out.