The Hawks are significant underdogs in their series against Cleveland.
I know -- shocking, right?
The online odds website 5Dimes , which is generally in line with most oddsmakers and Las Vegas sportsbooks, has "money lines" of Cleveland at -475 and the Hawks at +380 in their second-round series. That’s the equivalent of making the Cavaliers an almost 2-9 favorite (or the Hawks a 9-2 underdog). The same site has the Cavaliers listed as a 7½-point favorite for Game 1 in Cleveland Monday night.
Another online odds site, Bovada, hasn't posted numbers for the Hawks' second-round series, yet, but they released updated conference championship and NBA title odds. Cleveland is 2-7 to win the East, the Hawks are 15-2.
- Eastern Conference
- Cleveland Cavaliers 2-7
- Toronto Raptors 11-2
- Atlanta Hawks 15-2
- Charlotte Hornets 20-1
- Miami Heat 25-1
- Indiana Pacers 75-1
- Western Conference
- Golden State Warriors 5-7
- San Antonio Spurs 3-2
- Oklahoma City Thunder 13-2
- Portland Trail Blazers 33-1
- Los Angeles Clippers 150-1
- NBA championship
- Golden State Warriors 6-5
- San Antonio Spurs 2-1
- Cleveland Cavaliers 10-3
- Oklahoma City Thunder 10-1
- Atlanta Hawks 33-1
- Toronto Raptors 40-1
- Portland Trail Blazers 66-1
- Charlotte Hornets 75-1
- Miami Heat 150-1
- Indiana Pacers 200-1
- Los Angeles Clippers 300-1
All of the Hawks players who were asked about Cleveland following Thursday's win over Boston fully expected to be underdogs.
"Any team with LeBron is always going to be considered the favorite," Kent Bazemore said. "But we believe in ourselves and we’re ready to get after it."
- Recent ramblings from the Digital Jukebox
- Hawks' defense gets its stiffest test: LeBron James
- One for the history books: Hawks eliminate Celtics
- Have Hawks figured out winning formula?
- Hawks stood tall by going small vs. Celtics
- Falcons needs to get it right with defensive picks
- Braves reportedly have tried to trade Olivera (who has zero value)
- One-man basketball won't get job done for Hawks
- As Hawks look to rebound, some thoughts on Game 4 vs. Celtics
- Hawks would be wise to stay cool after Thomas' slap
- Hawks' Schroder: 'I'm not going to let nobody slap me in my face'
- Hawks not making it easy on themselves
- Hawks will try to buck history in Game 3 against Boston
- Bigger surprise than Braves' record: Freeman hitting .163
- Liberty CEO's comments reaffirm: Braves need new ownership
- Matt Ryan says he's confident in Kyle Shanahan, Falcons' offense
- Only one side of Olivera-Wood trade is around for Braves-Dodgers series
- Jacob Eason good but 93,000 is real highlight of Georgia's spring
- Hawks go into playoffs knowing changes to core may be ahead
- Braves (0-8) vs. Twins (0-8): Your 2017 World Series may be on deck
- Braves' 0-7 season takes an even uglier turn with Olivera arrest
- Manziel, Gordon should be viewed as sad stories, not punchlines
- Criticism of Georgia Tech's Pastner seems over the top
- Braves (0-5) are a minor league product in a major league season
- 'Religious liberty' bill turned into an Alabama-Vanderbilt game
- Tim Hardaway, Jr. impressing critics, Hawks and his father
- OK, Mike Bobinski, let's see what you've got
- (Early) Nothing Gregory did this season was going to save his job
- Kirby Smart is wrong ... but then so is everybody else on transfers